Work is well underway on Patch 9.5, the latest update for Legends of Aria. This patch is all about expanding engagement in core gameplay activities with new opportunities for risk and reward. Whether you fancy crafting, PvE, or PvP, this update is built to satisfy every play style, and focuses on three key areas:
- Seasons offer fresh challenges for PvE, PvP, Harvesting, and Gathering, with new rewards and goals added every month.
- Chaos Zones establish dynamic hotspots on the map to quickly engage in PvP battles and earn Season Skulls without worrying about murder counts.
- Arc Quests immerse players in the unique lore of Celador with multi-stage questlines and rare loot from discoverable NPCs. Update: Arc Quests will be available in Point Release 10.
Our target timeframe for Patch 9.5 is the month of May. Ben Phelps, our Lead Designer, will dive into the details of all the new features you can look forward to in this release.
Feature Highlight: Exclusive Season Rewards
With the release of Seasons we are excited to provide a means for players from various play styles to work toward exclusive monthly rewards while they explore all that New Celador has to offer. Seasons will be refreshed monthly and each theme will be orientated around unique events, enemies, and rewards.
The theme for the season will drive what tasks can be completed to earn points and also what rewards are available for players to unlock. Players can engage in unique or repeatable PvE, crafting, harvesting, or Chaos Zone content in return for points that can be redeemed to unlock 3 tiers of monthly reward.
One of the many rewards available in Season 1.
Feature Highlight: Chaos Zones
Legends of Aria strives to create a world where players are challenged not only by the environment, but also by other inhabitants of New Celador. In this patch we will be introducing Chaos Zones. These zones are regions which, upon entering, will trigger players to become Chaotic, illustrated by an orange name.
Chaotic players are free to attack and be attacked by others while incurring no murder counts or skill loss upon death. Murderers and other characters who would normally suffer skill loss will be protected from any negative effects while flagged as Chaotic or within a Chaotic Zone.
Chaos Zones will appear as locations on the world map and allow players to earn tokens toward their Season PvP reward. These zones will be dynamic and will move as seasons progress.
This is just the start of our planned expansion into more accessible PvP activities and we look forward to experiencing this first offering together!
Feature Highlight: Arc Quests
Update: Arc Quests will be available in Point Release 10.
With the release of the Leagues of Celador we touched on some of the lore that exists within the world of New Celador. We have finally reached a point where we can bring that lore to the forefront and allow players to engage with it in both an immersive and meaningful way.
With the introduction of Arc Quests, players will be able to complete multi-part quest chains that will require them to journey across the vast landscape of New Celeador. When completed, players will be rewarded with unique collectables and items to showcase their achievements.
We are looking forward to sharing this journey with you and hope you will enjoy exploring the history and intrigues of New Celeador as much as we’ve enjoyed crafting them.
The Wilderness Awaits
Our goal has always been to create the ultimate sandbox experience, and this release continues to pave the way forward with rich, dynamic features and expanded risk versus reward within our Wilderness. Whatever your playstyle, there is something to enjoy in this release for all of our players. To stay connected with the latest development updates for Patch 9.5, keep an eye on the Legends of Aria Trello board.
Looking for an MMO with true risk and reward? Play Legends of Aria for free now!
Discover a world forged by players, where your choices write the story. What role will you play?
- A Living, Breathing MMORPG: Explore a true open world without limitation. Build, explore and adventure with thousands of players in a living breathing world defined by you.
- Skill-Based World: Legends of Aria returns to a true skill based system. Build your character your way, be you a crafter, adventurer, merchant or humble fisherman. Hone your skills through use and play your way with a choice of over 32 unique skills.
- Return to a True Sandbox: Legends of Aria is inspired by the original sandbox MMORPGs. Experience a world that does not hold your hand. A world that is driven by you and shaped by our community. A world of dangers, where friendships, enemies made and your actions written into legend.
- Community Servers and Modding: The first MMORPG to fully support player run servers. Legends of Aria is designed to be modded from top to bottom including custom gameplay rules, custom content and even entirely custom created worlds.