Our Economy Problem
One of the most challenging aspects of managing a MMO is monitoring and stabilization of the in-game economy. In this regard Legends of Aria is no different than other games that feature an almost exclusive player driven economy. Over the life of the game we have constantly reviewed the economy and sought ways to help players connect with one another and make the ability to conduct player-to-player transactions seamless. However, we’ve still seen many issues with the health of the economy and have decided to take the next step in allowing players more power in both selling and locating goods.
Breaking convention with convenience…
Many of our players who come to Legends of Aria from a background in Ultima Online are familiar with and even nostalgic of the process of scouring the game world to locate vendors that are selling the items you need or finding steals on items you might not. While this style of shopping has its appeal to many players it is cumbersome and overall unenjoyable to many. It is with that in mind that we are happy to present one of our features in the upcoming PR9 — The Grand Bazaar.
The Grand Bazaar will allow players to search, locate, and purchase all the items which are listed for sale in the game world.
Convenience you say..?
All design and implementation decisions for The Grand Bazaar are based around allowing the players to quickly find items they want, purchase those items, and collect them from the vendor which sold them. With that in mind the process of using the bazaar would function as follows;
- Search bazaar for item you’d like to purchase.
- Purchase the item.
- See a mini-map/map marker showing the location you can “pick-up” your item.
- Interact with merchant at location to “collect” your purchases.
It’s that easy. You find it, you buy it, and you pick it up. The bazaar includes the distance, as the crow flies, to the item so players can factor travel into what they are willing to pay.
We also want to make sure that players can easily find what they are looking for. With that in mind the bazaar has a very robust filter system to allow players to hone in on exactly what they are looking for.
We are really excited to have this tool coming to our playerbase in PR9 and hope you’re equally excited about the potential it gives to take the shackles off of the ingame economy.
Our internal release date for Point Release 9 is approaching quickly so look out for more from us in the coming days and weeks as we start letting you know what’s in store. In our next post we’ll be introducing you to the future of Competitive Dueling in Legends of Aria!
Discover a world forged by players, where your choices write the story. What role will you play?
- A Living, Breathing MMORPG: Explore a true open world without limitation. Build, explore and adventure with thousands of players in a living breathing world defined by you.
- Skill-Based World: Legends of Aria returns to a true skill based system. Build your character your way, be you a crafter, adventurer, merchant or humble fisherman. Hone your skills through use and play your way with a choice of over 32 unique skills.
- Return to a True Sandbox: Legends of Aria is inspired by the original sandbox MMORPGs. Experience a world that does not hold your hand. A world that is driven by you and shaped by our community. A world of dangers, where friendships, enemies made and your actions written into legend.
- Community Servers and Modding: The first MMORPG to fully support player run servers. Legends of Aria is designed to be modded from top to bottom including custom gameplay rules, custom content and even entirely custom created worlds.
Leave A Comment